01 January 2008

Best of 2007

Best Finds of 2007

I going to place an homage to All Laquered Up and Blogdorf Goodman
by listing my favorites of 2007. Being that I'm not the product junkie that these bloggers are, but being rather particular about chemistry and application, my list is very different from these lovely ladies. Additionally, these aren't products that were necessarily released in 2007, just the ones that I used in 2007.


Best Shadow - Physician's Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow

Best Lip - Cover Girl Triple Lipstick (discontinued, of course)

Best Foundation - Cover Girl Smoothers SPF Tinted Moisturizer

Best Eye Liner - still looking

Best Mascara - Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara

Best Perfume - i Profumi di Firenze's "Ambra del Nepal", I smell like an exotic dessert all day long

Best laquer - Zoya

Best polish bottomcoat - OPI Nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling (Formaldehyde Free formula)

Best polish topcoat - CND Air Dry (hands down, no competition)

Best accessory - scarves (they dress up a work outfit like nothing else, you can wear them in a hundred different configurations, and they don't cost a great deal)

Best vitamin - DEVA Vegan Multivitamin (digests easily)

Best jewelry - classics with a twist in true gold, regardless of color: yellow, rose, white, green, etc.

Best computer accessory - keyboard condoms rock, aka silicone keyboard protectors


Worst Products of 2007:

Ann Taylor -
Haven't they heard of the pear shape? Even when I find "curvy" pants to fit my hips, the waist is still two sizes too big.

Why is their product so poor? I've had a least one hem fall out of every pair of pants I've ever purchased from them, I've had the hem fall out of both legs in some pairs. I've had the hem fall out of an un-lined jacket I purchased from them.

Why does their interior finishing fall so short? I've had two pair of AT pants grow by at least one size though the day ... in the waistband. When I took them back to customer service I had a real fight, because I'd "worn" the pants. They told me, it is common for the pants to grow a size, you are supposed to buy them one size small. Excuse me? If they can't be bothered to properly interface the waistband of a pair of pants, I'm NOT going to pay the price.

*ETA* I just read about their closing of a bunch of stores due to poor performance ... *sigh*, if they would just raise their quality by a smidge. Look at it this way, if I can get 100 wearings out of a $200 pair of pants, I've spent $2.00 per wear on those pants. If I can only get 4 wearings out of a $50 pair of pants, I've spent $12.50 per wear on those pants. Yes, classic, well made styles, will last you much longer and cost you less in the long run.


Urban Decay Smoke Out Pencil - I've never had a pencil dry out on me soooo quickly.

Vincent Longo Duo Eye Pencil - I've loved the application, but I'm allergic to one of the ingredients. If I remember correctly, it has castor bean oil.

Almay Hydracolor Lipstick - This caused my lips to burn badly. I'm definitely allergic to something in the formulation ... I think it has a citrus extract in it, but I'm not sure that it caused the problem. And since I reacted to 3 different shades, it wasn't a fluke.





No comments: