27 August 2017

What I'm driving and why? Or The Jeep. (Or Heep, as my father calls it.)

My dearest darlingest SO looked deeply into my eyes and said, "You can buy ANYTHING you want ...

as long as it is a Wrangler Rubicon."

SOAFB!

Excuse my language.

What?!?  When a friend's husband pulled this crap on her 15 years ago, I laughed.  My guy would NEVER be so stupid as to lay down a vehicle law to me.  NEVER!  He would NEVER tell me what vehicle to buy.

SOAFB!

Sorry again.

He did it.  He told me what to buy.  He laid down his law.

And he has suffered.

I wanted a Jeep Wrangler 22 years ago.  They were cool, they were neat.  They were basic.

Nope, Nope, Nope.  They were a roll over danger.  Their engines were crap.  Yada, yada, yada.  I was talked out of a Jeep Wrangler YJ.  And I may have carried a bit of bitterness as a result.  I bought a Ford Explorer instead.

Fast forward to "New Travel Plans" and himself had decided that since we were buying a truck camper, we needed a tow vehicle for exploration.  And he did not want to tow my 10+ year old Subaru Outback ... a perfectly respectable tow vehicle in my estimation.




 Look at how pretty she was!

I sold my Subaru.  And I was teary eyed.

I bought my $*&%ing Jeep.

 Here *it* is. 

And I grumble.

And he pays.

After I grumbled for the 20th time, he offered me ANYTHING I want.  Any vehicle I want.  I could buy it.

But, I don't want a second vehicle.  With traveling, I don't need a second vehicle (honestly, who does?)

So I've grumbled.

And made some modifications.

And grumbled.

And finally figured out the shift ratios.

And grumbled.

And I've decided, I like it.  But don't tell him.  He still needs to pay for the foot he open mouthed and inserted.

No comments: