19 September 2017

Steinjager Grab Handle Review, Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited

I left the below review on Steinjager's website, 3 out of 5 stars.  Submitted to the WebMaster.

And, since it was character limited, I had to lean it out ... seriously.


My view upon climbing inside

 Driver's Side

Passenger Side

"I'm disappointed by: installation difficulty of passenger side, and the permanent logo.  I have concerns regarding the deformation of the plastic door frame molding at several contact points (most noticeable on the driver's side).

The passenger side install took several hours, requiring reshaping the mount points in order to bring them into alignment with the vehicle.  Additionally, two bolts were VERY poorly finished and required squaring of the end and chamfering.

Finally, the gray logo was an unwelcome surprise, most photos and video do not show the presence thereof and they are not easily removable.  Result, another hour was spent sanding them off.  

On the positive side, these grab handles are manufactured out of good material.  The welds are of good quality and aesthetic appearance.

These were installed on a brand new 2017.  The time and labor required for our install is unreasonable."


Of course, all my photos are post-logo sanding!  I should have taken a pre-sanding photo.  Alas.


After I submitted my review, which I figured they would not put up, they deleted the other two reviews.  I just checked again.  My review has yet to be posted (surprise!), but the other two reviews are back.


No comments: