12 March 2008

HG in E/L ... almost

Eyeliner


The closest thing to HG, yet.


Over the last couple of weeks, I've collected a handful of eyeliners that are pretty close to wonderful. They aren't smudgey, but they still creep just enough to end up in my lower crease.


Cream/Gel E/L
I really like the formulations of the new cream/gel eyeliners.


I've tried:
http://www.calvinklein.com/ck/beauty.aspx
http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=ck+Calvin+Klein

cK - Ultimate Edge Gel Eyeliner in Mica













By far, this gel liner has the thinnest consistency, which translates to the easiest thick line and most smudgeable. A bit metall-ick-y.






L'Oreal HIP
A bit dark in shade for those of us with lighter skin tones. Good consistency and application.




Make Up For Ever's - Aqua Creamliner in Matte Light Brown




















This has the thickest consistency, so on first try you don't think anything is getting on your brush, but this actually has the easiest application.


Hands down best color for lighter skin tones ... a true MEBB. They also have a darker brown and charcoal matte shade that I NEED to try. Gets my highest marks out of the four.




Stila's Smudge Pot in Bronze











Good texture, medium consistency, easy application ... awfully metall-ick-y.






I prefer matte shades to the shimmer/glitter/metallic craze.
This definitely warps my review in some ways.

No comments: