29 May 2009

Soap ... when it's so drying it hurts

Another JASON Naturals products with a thumbs down ...


UPDATE -
Even the hubby, who describes himself as an oily beast, had drying problems with this soap. He liked it best on days when he had been working outside and really needed a good detergent for a single soap and rinse.

JASON Fragrance Free Body Wash is simply too strong to use as a daily soap.

I won't be purchasing this product again.





Fragrance Free Body Wash

Gentle, fragrance free body wash bubbles into a rich, creamy lather to make your shower as luxurious as a bath. Gently cleanses with botanical surfactants while soothing skin with Aloe Vera and Chamomile. Leaves skin feeling soft and clean. Great for sensitive skin types.

16.0 FL OZ
Item No. 02022






















I used this body wash for close to a month. I like the fragrance free aspect (naturally) and that it degreased my skin. The only early problems I noticed was stinging eyes. For whatever reason, maybe its slip ingredients, this liquid soap can squeeze through my lids and get directly on my eyeballs ... just about every time I washed my face. Now, I've been using liquid shower soaps for a while, and I've never had this consistent problem.

Secondly, after three or so weeks, I finally figured out that this was making my skin so dry! My mucus membranes were so itchy. Once I discontinued with this product and returned to my old soap, no more problems. I don't have a really good hand on soaps, so I don't know where Sodium Myreth Sulfate falls as far as detergent strength. However, either the detergent or another product was making me very uncomfortable, for days at a time.


The hubby is going to finish the bottle off, so I may get an update eventually.

However, with my own experience, I would not recommend this product for someone with sensitive skin ... regardless of what the bottle says.


It gets a low 2/10 hazard on the Cosmetic Database rating.


Ingredients:
Water
Aloe barbadensis leaf gel
Sodium Myreth Sulfate
Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine
Cocamide MEA
Glycol Stearate
Begetable Glycerin
Chamomilla recutita extract
Camellia oleifera extract
Echinacea angustifolia extract
Rosa canina extract
Polyquarternium-7
Glycereth-2 Cocoate
Benzoic Acid
Phenoxyethanol
Sodium Benzoate

No comments: