04 March 2010

Ginger+Liz Polish Tough Luxe

Update -

I wore this on the first half of my Florida Vacation as a Pedi color.  And it just doesn't cut it when you can't get it close to your eyes to ooh and aah.

The bling just isn't there when it is 5 feet from your head.  I just ended up with a dark muddy green on my toes that just did not thrill me at all.


I would recommend this as a mani color ONLY!































 











Ginger+Liz

I ordered three polishes from this new company and tried Tough Luxe first for a pre-St. Patty's mani.

Tough Luxe is a blinged out military reminiscent color. A medium/dark green washed with cadet blue liberally sprinkled with gold and multicolored microglitter. Wow.




















The Good-
The lacquer has an excellent application and brush (great shape and width, not as wide as the ProWide, which meant my pinky application wasn't all over the place).

No cuticle drag.

Dries quickly.

It does not have the strong chemical smell I'm used to from lacquer ... hm ...



The Bad -
Thin is streaky, so two thick coats work best for even coverage.

It doesn't have the strong smell because it has a cover fragrance. Not good.



The Ugly -
Tip wear and a chip on the second day. I don't think longevity is a character of this polish.



Skin Deep rates this polish a 6 out of 10 on the toxicity scale.

Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate
Ethyl Acetate
Nitrocellulose
Acetyl Tributyl Citrate
Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic
Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer
Isopropyl Alcohol
Stearalkonium Hectorite
Adipic Acid/Fumaric Acid/Phthalic Acid/Tricyclodecane Dimethanol Copolymer
Citric Acid
a freak load of color
Polyethylene
Terephthalate
Calcium Sodium Borosilicate
Titanium Dioxide
Tin Oxides Silica
Aluminum Powder
Iron Oxides
Aluminum Powder
Fragrance



No comments: