07 September 2018

Heading home, Childress RV Park

06/17

Drive for TX.  We have dental appts and must get home in time.  Otherwise, we would likely stay in Chama.

We spend the night in Childress Fair Park, most of the reviews indicate it is a quiet, little used area.  There are 5 hookup spots ($15/night, 3 night maximum).  


Imagine our surprise when we are the 4th campers to arrive. 

A lovely evening spent chatting with fellow RVers: M, A, and B (Havanese).


I come in from walking the dogs, Mr SMT has turned off the AC.  I have trouble going to sleep because it is too fricken hot, so I turn the AC back on.

I finally fall asleep a little after 11.

I awaken a little after 1, hot and sweating.  Mr SMT is reading his iPad, in non-AC comfort.  He turned it off!  Arggggggg!

Two hours later, I fall back asleep ... to be awakened at 5:30 am because Mr SMT wants to get out ahead of Ft Worth traffic.  Le sigh.  I suppose the headache and fuzziness will be worth it.

Stop along the way, walk the dogs, etc.  Fuel the truck.  Snooze in passenger side. (Guess who drives the ENTIRE way home due to his anti-A/C obsession? )


No comments: