In my search to find cowl neck tops, I finally gave up on the 1 piece bodice. Since I do not have the shape to fill such a bodice, it looks droopy and reveals way too much when I bend over. Yikes!
This defeat came when I finished my 20th (it felt like it) cowl neck top that just did not work for my body.
Finding Vogue 8831 felt like an answer to several year's worth of wishes ... or it could have been a great cosmic joke. However, after my first trial, I will report success with this pattern that has good "bones."
This will become my cowl neck shirt of choice once I iron out a few wrinkles (mostly in the back there).
Changes I made: dropped the bust point, shortened the length, and adjusted for sway back.
I like the upper back, but may need to take a deeper sway back adjustment. I also need a bit more width across the back hip (some of that wrinkling).
I want to narrow the sleeve: which juts out rather than conforms to my shoulder area. And I want to remove some excess at the armhole princess seam.
I'm going to call this a really great start to an entire wardrobe of cowl neck tops! Yippee! No longer do I worry about the view I'm giving others when I bend over ... this top is quite secure.
I used the blind hem stitch for the sleeve and hem, and was quite happy with the inherent stretch. No more popped hems for me. I do have double needles, and I even have overlocker that will coverstitch - but I'm usually unwilling to fiddle with all the necessary changes and adjustments. No siree, blind hem works well for me!
And a closing picture of me with my girl, Skyla, she will be 13 this year. :)